Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Where Do You Find This Stuff?

Many times, people ask us "Where do you find this stuff"? This is tricky, because, a lot of it is about making connections/networking with people we buy from (you know, you meet somebody who introduces you to somebody who introduces you to somebody else who also might have vintage clothing/furniture)... so it's hard to say "this is how we get it". It is also tricky, because, part of it is our business secret, you know? We find it for you so you don't have to think about it. Either way, it is definitely no secret to say that we search high and low to find great pieces to clean/fix up and sell to you in our store.

Treasure hunting is a lot of fun, but it is definitely a lot of work. Sometimes you go "hunting" for an entire day and come back with nothing, and other times you go hunting for an hour and come back with a truck-full. You just never know. Either way, we do this to make it easy on you, our dear customers. We do this to find special pieces you will love- without going through the hard work of finding it.

This weekend, I went hunting all the way south of Chicago, Illinois. I drove 8.5 hours (there and back), spent what felt like a million dollars in gas (over $4 a gallon now!? Ahh!), and got stuck in a snowstorm at midnight. The market I went to was predominantly outdoors, and I froze my fingers, feet, and nose off... on the bright side, I scored some really great finds that we will be able to put on the floor this week! 
Check them out below: 


These are too perfect... want to keep...




AWESOME jars for storage. LOVE the details on the lids.

I paid too much for this guy, but couldn't resist...

Don't you just love the legs on this table? It folds up, as well!

These will be "framed" with vintage clipboards.

-Kelley

5 comments:

  1. Interesting that you should bring that up "where do you find this?" I frequently ask that of shop owners, never expecting or wanting them to give up specific trade secrets. Rather looking for responses such as "estate sales or keeping your ears open or I have a couple of gold mines I frequent." I don't really think anyone who asks that expects specific sources, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think it's more about *how* you find it and less about where...giving out actual business contacts might be slightly unethical, anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love having this question! We literally talk about it every day with our customers and discuss our love of estate sales, Craigslist, auctions,etc. It is fun to find out what they have also "found" in their adventures - Kelley (FOUND)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I really wish I lived closer to you! I'd LOVE to shop in your store. Sigh. Makes me feel like spending more time browsing the antiques/vintage shops here in San Diego. But gotta admit, I really just want that armchair, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol!
    Thank you for checking out our blog! We do ship.... :)

    ReplyDelete