Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Industrial Bathroom Inspiration

As many of you know, my husband Troy and I have been working on renovating a historic home in Heritage Hill (Grand Rapids). It has been a year, and we have completed many projects... NONE of which have been bathroom renovations. I am not sure why I have left this for last- maybe because it didn't seem as much fun? Why would I think that? Who knows... although no project has been finished in the bathroom, that doesn't mean I haven't been inspired, bought items, or come up with a plan. Last summer, we bought two tall lockers (the mesh/see-through gym-locker type) with two doors each. My plan is to install 4 chalkboards on each and put these in the guest bathroom for storage (toiletries, towels, etc.). On the chalkboards, I would write the name of the guest to personalize the space as "theirs" for the length of their stay. I would also like to use a wooden, industrial workbench as the vanity/counter top. I will use vintage test-tube holders for toothbrush storage & locker baskets as additional storage. What do you think? I guess reading about ideas on how to utilize industrial elements in your bathroom is not as fun as seeing them in person... so, instead, I will provide you with some inspiration below. Many of these industrial items (or similar ones) can be purchased at FOUND. If you need a solution, but can't think of any ideas, stop in and see us- we are full of them!
-Kelley

I am loving the industrial cabinet and the dresser used in this bathroom for storage. The owner opted out of using traditional cabinets, and I LOVE it! SOURCE

Maybe you are blessed with an industrial space to begin with! If so, it won't take much to spruce it up. I am obsessing over those huge antlers as storage, aren't you? SOURCE

A vintage workbench made into a vanity/counter top. SOURCE

Opt for a rugged/rusty medicine cabinet to add depth to your design. SOURCE

Industrial cart on wheels for extra storage. SOURCE

Be creative with your storage options. SOURCE

Metal office/medical cabinets can be repurposed to meet your storage needs. SOURCE

Metal locker baskets/mesh baskets are my FAVORITE storage accessory. SOURCE
I just realized I used the word "storage" a million times in these captions... I should have called this post "Bathroom Storage, Storage, and more Storage". I could go back and change some of them to "organization" or "clutter free", but I think "storage" makes the most sense- why ruin a good thing, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment