Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

the gravitron called life.

there is nothing more nostalgic than heading back to your hometown's community fair.

lucky for me i still have a valid reason to go back. my sister. liv is my 15 year old kid sister (even though she is looking more and more like a 25 year old every day!) kids today sheesh.

where was i....oh yea

the fair. when we were all of age to particpate in 4-h you bet my dad was there to sign us all up. we pretended that we hated it but going back last night, i realized how much i loved that activity and the time that we could to spend with my dad doing something that he really loved and in turn we really grew to love.

i know what you are thinking me...abby albers (hoppen) wrangling farm animals let alone pigs? yeah right

but i tell you the truth i raised 4-h market hogs for over 10 years of my life, as did my brother and now sister.

she...aint she cute?
this is her right before she went into the ring :)

liv selling her project at the hudsonville fair auction. pigs sold....to my grandpa. thanks grandpa.



after watching her complete a year long project the husband and i worked up quite an appetite so naturally we decided to sample the local culture's food.

an elephant ear with sugar and cinnamin



and then perhaps the most delicious thing i have ever had at a fair....a deep fried snickers candy bar. i could feel my heart object but my brain said for me to go for it. i took my brains side.

i mean commmmeeee on



our friends aimee and brandon met up with us for dessert. they also had elephant ears. aimee has been a good friend of mine since we have been in diapers. aside from the fact that she used to beat the tar out of me when we were toddlers and she kind of taught me the S word....and i used to steal her barbie clothes whenever she made me be the evil step mom barbie...i've always thought her ideas were pretty good. and usually against all better judgement i listened to them.

last night was a prime example

after wrapping up a feast of fair fries, pizza, ice cream, elephant ears and snickers we decided we had to ride at least one ride.

we (literally) had to pool our money togethor to come up with $16 so we could all ride a ride togethor. (along with gas and food prices i guess ride tickets have gone up as well).

we decided to ride 1001 nights (the movie theature seat that circles way up high and then comes back down.) that was our decision until aimee saw the gravitron (which hasn't been seen around hudsonville for about 7 years). against my better judgement she convinced me that we haaaaddd to go on it.

i knew this was trouble but i did it anyways.



the ride was a blast! aside from worrying my hair was going to get caught in the sliders we had a great time. we were laughing like little kids, we had tears in our eyes.

then the ride stopped.

and we all headed for the bushes.

the site of four 24...5....6.. somthings barfing in the bushes is quite a site and may i say, a little embarrassing but a memory non the less.


this is husband and i post puking :) thank you gravitron...and aimee....and elephant ears.

after getting home that night laying in bed i got to thinking how life is kind of like a gravitron.

sometimes you are reluctant to get on board but once you are there and committed you have a blast. sometimes life spins so far out control that you can't even hang on you just sorta stick...but that is what makes it fun and interesting and by the time the caller yells out "one more time!?!?!?" you can't help but scream yes!


so enjoy it, seize your dreams and hold on tight. and hudsonville fair, until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment