Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

it's the little things that mean the most

i've never prided myself on a person who pays attention to details when it comes to things like spelling, knitting or engine lights. (maybe that is why i've always run into trouble with those things). but there are times when i do pay attention to detail and that is when i am buying something.

when i am out shopping i am looking for something special. it has to be eye catching and then it has to have some sort of interesting detail. i have to find something that makes me feel like i have a connection to it.

one of my favorite shirts is by a brand called Odd Molly. my shirt is a gray boho top with pink rosettes. cute...but what made me fall in love with it was the little details that you have to study the shirt to see. the first one is a hand embroidered butterfly near the seam on the right side of the shirt. the second detail is an embroidered phrase in the back neck part of the top saying "come mess up my hair". and anyone who has seen my hair knows that makes a lot of sense.



drawing inspiration from my top today i found a few pieces in the shop that have wonderful little details that make them special. what little details do you look for?

i encourage you while out shopping this week (and beautiful Saturday) look for those little details in each object.

xxoo abby









No comments:

Post a Comment