Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

what do you love the most?

sipping my morning coffee listening to the rain tap on my window I was reading one of my favorite inspiration blogs (Design Sponge) they posed the question "what i love most about my home"

i gave this alot of thought because to be honest, when we bought this house.. i cried. my husband and i had house hunted for months and months and came across a little blue house...that was in foreclosure. my husband, being the analytical account type in our relationship saw this as a great deal and so we bought the house. then i went into the torn up, stinky bathroom and cried (i couldn't let him see). the house was in less than desirable condition but with two years, a ton of work, and a lot of love our house became a home.

so what do i love most about my home...i think it has to be my husband and i's collection of finds throughout the two years of restorations. we are not serious collectors by any stretch of the imagination but we buy what we love and find beautiful. our little displays in our house showcase great stories and memories we created together.

below are a few pictures of some of my favorites.

what do you love most about your home? (post pics!)

love! Abby

my lovely collie pillow made by Sue at FOUND (she does custom work!)

a lovely found chandelier (hangs in my bedroom)


doesn't match my decor at all but i HAD to have it

my collection of his and hers silhouettes hung on the respective sides of the bed

1 comment:

  1. Love all of your FOUND items:) Keep up the good work decorating!

    ReplyDelete