Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

back to my roots

i'd be lying if i said the past two months have kicked my butt.

they have.

in a good way.

since we opened the grand rapids store i have been running around like a mad woman, keeping the shelves stocked, keeping them merchandised, keeping me alive.

this could not be done if there were not three of us. thank you my friends kelley and susan.

we are a great team. where one of us has a weakness the other compensates for it - that makes a true team. we are all in this together.

where am i going with this? ah yes.

the past two months i've been using my stockpile that i collected in anticipation of this wonderful rush (thanks to you our beloved customers). but today i had an opportunity to go out and scout.

i went to an estate sale on my way to work this morning (it was right down the road) and i found this AWESOME chair for the store. (i  only do clothing but we are both always looking for each other)

i picked it up to load it into my car only to find a sweet suprise on the bottom. a gold medalian logo that proudly states "Baker Furniture"

come and get it people. a new pillow on there as well made from a piece of barkcloth






it was so fun to get back into the thrill of the hunt. 

i found a HUGE vintage chalkboard in the back of the house's garage. it was nailed to wall. they said if it i could take it down i could have it for $5. $5....worth it!

i was in my skirt and swing coat trying to pry the SLATE chalkboard down from the wall. luckily for me i must have looked pretty helpless because the gentleman working the sale came and helped me. $5 and it is mine! i couldn't believe they were giving it to me at that price. then i realized how heavy it was. slate is no styrofoam lol. 

i can't decide if i'm going to put it in my home office or in my kitchen...i will be sure to post pictures either way. 

what is your awesome find that you couldn't believe the price? 

xxoo abby


ps don't forget about our valentines day event THIS thursday (feb 9) in grand rapids from 6-9. exclusive deals, drinks and treats, a photo booth and flowers. 

here are a few pictures of new jewelry i got in for the event. 















Prada! size 9 $75


Christian Dior Cashmere Wool Coat size 6 $109


Prada





2 comments: